Thursday, July 17, 2008

Use Blogger As A Website And Make Money Online

I have chosen my next niche and I am working on the website. But I’m doing something a little different this time. I am using Blogger as my website. I’m doing this for few reasons. One is as an experiment to see if it can be done, it’s another way to have a free website and make money online and it will give me a chance to make money from Money4Banners by putting their banners on another site.

I will tell you how I transformed a Blogger blog into a website in a minute, first I want to give the stats on the new niche I’m working.

Competition: 27,600
Estimated Daily Searches: 100
Cost per Click: $.90-$4.15

To see the tools I use to do my keyword research, go to my post Make Money Online Niche Marketing PT 1: The Tools.

Okay, lets look at how I transformed a Blogger blog into a website. First of all, I didn’t want to use the templates that Blogger has to create my website because there would be to many look alike sites out there. I wanted my site to be somewhat unique so I chose a template from FinalSense. You can use the Blogger templates if you wish. FinalSense has lots of free templates that people have created and they integrate easily with Blogger.

All you have to do is copy the HTML code you get for the template you choose, create a blog at Blogger, choose a template then go to layout then edit HTML, replace that code with the new code, save and you’re ready to go.

Now lets make the blog a website. First set the blog up to have just one post on the main page. Then get rid of all the elements that makes the blog look like a blog like the archive, date and time stamp, comments field and other blog stuff. If you know what kind of links you’re going to have you can setup you’re elements in the sidebar like your main links like maybe home page, about page contact page, etc.

Maybe you want to have articles on your site. Setup an articles list element and list the articles you have on your site. Setup all of your site links by doing posts. You want to make your homepage the last post you do because as you know the post you do is what people see when the come to your blog.

The one problem with this method is you can’t add any more pages to the site once you have done your homepage post because once you add another post that will become your home page. So it is very important to have everything thought out before you start you site and ad the home page.

That’s it, that’s how you transform a free Blogger blog into a free website that you can make money online from. I hope you give this a try and that this post has helped.

Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post.


Get more ideas on how to make money online for free at my SureCashNow.com site. You’ll find articles, videos and links to other sites that will help you in your quest to make money online.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks


Mister Linker




No comments: