Thursday, May 22, 2008

What To Look For When Choosing A Niche

I have written three articles using key phrases related to the niche I’m working and today I will be submitting them to article sites. There will be more on this tomorrow. Today I want to talk a little about choosing a niche in your quest to make money online.

When choosing a niche the first two things you want to look for is how much competition there is for and how much search is done for it. You want to have low competition and high search for your niche. You have to research the keywords and phrases you want to work. As I said in another post I use Wordtracker, a free research tool to research my keywords and phrases.

When you put in your keyword into Wordtracker it gives you other keywords and phrase that also fit that keyword. It goes even farther to give how much competition there is for the keywords and ho many searches are done for them. It is suggested that you don’t use a keyword or phrase that has more than 30,000 competition and less than 100 visits. Your goal is to be listed high on the search engines, preferably at the top of the first page, but at least somewhere on the first three pages and the least competition you have the better your chances of ranking high in the search engines.

You may also want to make sure there are affiliate products or services you can promote on your niche site or blog unless you have your own. Another thing you might what to do is test the keyword or phrase that you choose to work in order to see if the visitors you get are willing to spend money. I am just researching my keywords and phrases and jumping right in without the testing. I figure at the very least I can make some money with Google Adsense ads.

Those are some of the most important things you want to look for when choosing a niche to work in order to make money online. I hope this has been helpful.

Subscribe to my feed and never miss a post.


Get more ideas on how to make money online for free at my SureCashNow.com site. You’ll find articles, videos and links to other sites that will help you in your quest to make money online.

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks


Mister Linker




No comments: