Friday, March 23, 2012

Texas BFF

The Author of this post is Cheryl Martinez

I’m here for the week in Dallas, Texas, visiting my childhood BFF. I hadn’t seen her in, gosh, maybe 5 years since this trip. It is great being with her, and seeing the life she has built for herself here. I’m happy for her. 

Growing up, she never had much, and was an only-child to a mom who was married 9 times. Yes, 9 times. Now, she has created a life for herself that is healthy and good. She has a good marriage, 2 children, a beautiful house, a college degree, and a good job. The kids are at school all day, and she is at work until 2 every day. I’ve been sleeping in until about 10, then going to meet her for an early lunch at 11.

Right now, I am just chilling, watching DirecTV, and folding their laundry. Everyone should be home soon, and then we are going out to dinner and see a movie. I love being here with her. Being here makes me realize how much I’ve truly missed her.

No comments: