Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Moving For A Job


Thanks to Jonathon Woods

I moved here for the job opportunity of a lifetime and I really miss my old friends, especially on weekends. It would be nice to curl up and watch direct tv Meridian on the couch with my buddy Sam and maybe even some football, too. I never thought I’d miss that! I work all the time which is good because it means I did the right thing by taking this job but it makes it hard for me to meet new people in my new city.

I love my new apartment, too, but you know, it’s nothing like home. My mom and dad say I’m doing the responsible thing and they’re glad I’m really taking charge of my career but you know, at the end of the day I wonder if I should have placed more emphasis on being close to people I loved. I miss talking and hanging out more than I think I like being in charge of a group of people – maybe the career world just isn’t right for me, you know?

1 comment: